Thursday, June 20, 2013

~You are Albino~

Albinism

Oculocutaneous albinismOcular albinismHermansky-Pudlak syndrome
Last reviewed: November 14, 2011.
Albinism is a defect of melanin production that results in little or no color (pigment) in the skin, hair, and eyes.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002450/#adam_001479.disease.symptoms 




The big thing for Albino's is to limit the amount of Sun they're exposed to. They typically won't melt like the Wicked Witch of the West if they are touched by the Sun; however, they have an extra sensitivity to it's 'wicked' rays. They are generally full-functioning human beings that can live successful lives and be every-bit as 'normal' as the next person. The condition of Albinism is just an extra sensitivity that can be tolerated so that it does not affect their life.

Not word-for-word, but this was how Borderline Personality Disorder was described to me today, when I presented this run-on  question..

"What if I'm just normal and there isn't really anything 'wrong' with me, but it's just that I doubt myself and don't validate myself enough that causes problems - but I guess that my relationships and interactions would be different then they are now, and I wouldn't have to wonder why things felt wrong after I acted with what just 'came to me' or felt right.?..?" .... anyway that was the jist of it.

BPD is an extra sensitivity to the Sun (aka: emotions). It's not that there is anything necessarily wrong, but you, no I, just have to learn to recognize and feel my emotions differently. I described, today, that when I feel emotion, I start at a neutral location.. a grounding. When things happen I generally feel one of the following:
 a) typically remain in my grounded location & come off as a robot or cold.
b) slingshots to an extreme of some sort, because I generate a sensitivity.

      A.                                                                                 B.                   
  GROUNDED                                                                                              seems irrationally emotional
Not much emotion                    ................................................................                    Impulsive
        meh..                                                                                                              Panic Attacks etc
















Although not completely accurate, that's a general spectrum of emotions. Actually thinking about it, I'm not real sure I could describe an 'in-between' emotion. What's frustrating is that while dwelling in 'Grounded-ville', I do care about the things that are going on; however, I don't necessarily feel a lot. That doesn't mean that I don't care, but it's almost like - if I'm going to feel a true emotion, it's not going to be there unless it's REALLY THERE... if you catch my drift.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense to your mind, I can totally understand it - just can't explain to you why.
(which is a common occurrence)

No comments:

Post a Comment